Santa Ana Winds

Speaking of Sant Ana winds we are experiencing now in Southern California. . .
“There was a desert wind blowing that night. It was one of those hot dry Santa Anas that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch. On nights like that every booze party ends in a fight. Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving knife and study their husbands’ necks. Anything can happen. You can even get a full glass of beer at a cocktail lounge."
― Raymond Chandler, Red Wind: A Collection of Short Stories

Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving knife and study their husbands' necks.
Now there's a visual :grrr:

One of the few advantages of being a widower and living alone – during the Santa Anas I can walk around my home naked. :slight_smile:
Occam

One of the few advantages of being a widower and living alone -- during the Santa Anas I can walk around my home naked. :) Occam
And nobody is feeling the edge of the carving knife and studying your neck! Lois

Yup, I’m the only one wielding the carving knife, and I make sure it’s edge is always pointing toward someone else. :lol:
Occam

Just make sure that you don’t drop your arm suddenly Occam or you might be singing tenor in the choir!
Cap’t Jack

True, Cap’t., but at 83 I don’t do much singing. :lol: :sick:
Occam

Yeah, but if you’re not careful you’ll be singing the blues! But you’ll sound like Lena Horn.
Cap’t Jack