Royal succession

In case you might be lying awake nights worrying about this:
The instant Charlotte was born Saturday, everyone below her moved down a place, starting with William’s brother Prince Harry who dropped from fourth to fifth position.
Barring abdications or conversions to Roman Catholicism, she would only inherit the throne if George died before her without leaving legitimate children.
The immediate line of succession to the throne includes Queen Elizabeth II’s four children and their descendants:

1. PRINCE CHARLES, PRINCE OF WALES
    – Born 1948. Eldest son of Queen Elizabeth.
  2. PRINCE WILLIAM, DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE
    – Born 1982. Charles’s eldest son.
  3. PRINCE GEORGE OF CAMBRIDGE
    – Born 2013. William’s son.
  4. PRINCESS CHARLOTTE OF CAMBRIDGE
    – Born 2015. William’s daughter.
  5. PRINCE HENRY OF WALES
    – Born 1984. Charles’ second son.
  6. PRINCE ANDREW, DUKE OF YORK–
    Born 1960. Queen Elizabeth’s second son.
  7. PRINCESS BEATRICE OF YORK–
    – Born 1988. Andrew’s eldest daughter.
  8. PRINCESS EUGENIE OF YORK
    – Born 1990. Andrew’s second daughter.
  9. PRINCE EDWARD, EARL OF WESSEX
    – Born 1964. Queen Elizabeth’s third son.
  10. JAMES, VISCOUNT SEVERN
    – Born 2007. Edward’s son.
  11. LADY LOUISE WINDSOR
    – Born 2003. Edward’s daughter.
  12. PRINCESS ANNE, PRINCESS ROYAL
    – Born 1950. Queen Elizabeth’s daughter.
  13. PETER PHILLIPS
    – Born 1977. Anne’s son.
  14. SAVANNAH PHILLIPS
    – Born 2010. Peter’s eldest daughter.
  15. ISLA PHILLIPS
    – Born 2012. Peter’s second daughter.
  16. ZARA TINDALL
    – Born 1981. Anne’s daughter.
  17. MIA TINDALL
    – Born 2014. Zara’s daughter.
    Queen Elizabeth’s descendants are followed by the six of her late sister Princess Margaret, her only sibling.
    The offspring of their father King George VI’s siblings then follow. There are more than 60 living people descended from his father King George V, who died in 1936.
    Drawn up in an era of religious strife, the Act of Settlement 1701, which sets out the succession laws, states that only Protestant descendants of Sophia of Hanover, the mother of King George I, can accede to the throne.
    The monarchy’s website goes down as far as Zara Tindall, though some counts list more than 5,700 living descendants of Sophia, including Roman Catholics, who cannot inherit.
    The highest excluded person is 26-year-old Edward Windsor, Lord Downpatrick, a first cousin twice removed of the queen, who converted to Catholicism. He would otherwise be 36th in line.
    In changes to the succession laws which came into effect in March, males born after October 28, 2011 no longer take precedence over their older sisters.
    Also people married to Catholics were no longer excluded, with Downpatrick’s father George Windsor, the Earl of St Andrews, the highest person restored to the line, now in 35th place.
    The line is a vast tangle of nobility and ordinary, untitled descendants from all corners of Europe. Several other European monarchs feature.
    Besides Britain, it is also the line of succession to the thrones of 15 other Commonwealth realms.
    If you or your living parent were a monarch you could figure out your line of succession using British succession laws.
    LL

Oooooh! They’re so royal. They deserve titles, acclaim, and income because they are successors to some king who was endowed by a non-existent god with kinghood. (As if there were no bastards in the long line of succession, and as if the original king was really endowed by god as a ruler.)
But Charlotte is a cute little baby.

Oooooh! They're so royal. They deserve titles, acclaim, and income because they are successors to some king who was endowed by a non-existent god with kinghood. (As if there were no bastards in the long line of succession, and as if the original king was really endowed by god as a ruler.) But Charlotte is a cute little baby.
It's fun and royalty pays for itself. It's the national soap opera. Lois

The American fascination with royalty has always mystified me. “Common Sense” should make it clear that there is no such thing as a Divine Right of Kings. Then again, I suppose it is consistent with America being a Christian Nation based upon the bible. :roll:

Oooooh! They're so royal. They deserve titles, acclaim, and income because they are successors to some king who was endowed by a non-existent god with kinghood. (As if there were no bastards in the long line of succession, and as if the original king was really endowed by god as a ruler.) But Charlotte is a cute little baby.
It's fun and royalty pays for itself. It's the national soap opera. Lois My brother likes "Days of Our Lives". It is an American soap opera that has only been televised for 50 years. So I guess we can't really compete with the UK and their royal soap opera.

The Queen doesn’t actually have any power, she’s just a figurehead. The whole royal family is just an expensive constitutional hood ornament. It would be nice if the people of the U.K. would finally realize this.
Regarding American fascination with British royalty: It is a bit strange (almost 239 years after we sent them packing), especially since the world has quite a few monarchs, yet we never hear about King So-And-So of Such-And-Such country having a new heir–Only the British royals get U.S. attention.

The American fascination with royalty has always mystified me. "Common Sense" should make it clear that there is no such thing as a Divine Right of Kings. Then again, I suppose it is consistent with America being a Christian Nation based upon the bible. :roll:
It's all symbolic now and there is no divine right of kings, so don't get your knickers in a twist. Lois
don’t get your knickers in a twist
Say what?!? How does my being mystified twist my knickers? I just don't see the fascination with royalty.
Say what?!? How does my being mystified twist my knickers? I just don't see the fascination with royalty.
It's your right not to be fascinated. Blow it off. No one is imposing it on you, unlike religion. Lois
I'm with you PaineMan. Perhaps we have the same brand of knickers... But that fat-cheeked little Charlotte is a cute little baby. (Gootchy, gootchy... who's a little princess? who's a little princess?.. gootchy, gootchy... You are!)

And now Princess Lottie is about to start school. Still cute!