Reward pathway

I had a composing dream to live for. My belief in the afterlife is what inspired my composing and nothing else inspired my composing. But that reward pathway (inspiration) has been deleted since I no longer believe in the afterlife anymore. Therefore, I am no longer inspired to compose anymore and have given up on it. How long does it take for a new reward pathway to be created in my brain so that I can be inspired to compose again?

I had a composing dream to live for. My belief in the afterlife is what inspired my composing and nothing else inspired my composing. But that reward pathway (inspiration) has been deleted since I no longer believe in the afterlife anymore. Therefore, I am no longer inspired to compose anymore and have given up on it. How long does it take for a new reward pathway to be created in my brain so that I can be inspired to compose again?
Perhaps it is not for you to become a composer. :down: Life is full of surprises when you least expect them. Although you must be aware (or is that prepared?) enough to know when fate comes knocking. And be willing enough to take the chance and catch the wave. One caution, what you put off for tomorrow, never comes around again. :cheese:
Very profound question, although stated a bit scientifically. I was inspired by the Fall colors about a year after giving up religion. It took a couple years to start developing the poetic thinking without slipping into magical thinking. Neil DeGrasse Tyson was an inspiration. Pale Blue Dot by Sagan is a classic Unweaving the Rainbow by Dawkins perhaps.
Depends upon how serious you are about composing. I suggest you drop some acid then listen to Frank Zappa, John Coltrane and Mozart. You should find some inspiration therein.
Depends upon how serious you are about composing. I suggest you drop some acid then listen to Frank Zappa, John Coltrane and Mozart. You should find some inspiration therein. :lol: Yeah, that trio should do it.
Very profound question, although stated a bit scientifically. I was inspired by the Fall colors about a year after giving up religion. It took a couple years to start developing the poetic thinking without slipping into magical thinking. Neil DeGrasse Tyson was an inspiration. Pale Blue Dot by Sagan is a classic Unweaving the Rainbow by Dawkins perhaps. Might I add: Life On Earth, David Attenborough https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_Earth_(TV_series) It's from 1979, so a bit dated, but the fundamental story of life's evolution, using a startling number of "living fossils" to showcase the progression of life's complexity and capabilities. Evolution on Earth as never presented before. An astounding tour, that if it catches your interest and attention, it will forever alter your appreciation of deep time and how we got here. Earth From Space (HD) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG-rvR-q0ic a couple years old A NASA, NOVA cooperative project and a grand tour of Earth's fundamental geophysical processes. __________________________ Honorable mention because of its impact on my outlook. A truly mind-expanding experience. Earth Revealed: Introductory Geology Dr. James L. Sadd https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Revealed:_Introductory_Geology 1992, 26-part video instructional series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJwp6GgBMpQ
A new reward pathway cannot begin to be be created until you give up every vestige of the old one. You will remain stuck, like a ship in the doldrums.
A new reward pathway cannot begin to be be created until you give up every vestige of the old one. You will remain stuck, like a ship in the doldrums. Now you are the "reward pathway" expert? I can't wait for your peer reviewed paper to come out and see you on PBS.
First, what are/were you composing? Music, lyrics, poetry, painting? Were your compositions on religious themes? I just ran across this, which might inspire your imagination.
"A forest is much more than what you see," says ecologist Suzanne Simard. Her 30 years of research in Canadian forests have led to an astounding discovery — trees talk, often and over vast distances. Learn more about the harmonious yet complicated social lives of trees and prepare to see the natural world with new eyes.
http://www.ted.com/talks/suzanne_simard_how_trees_talk_to_each_other? Perhaps a walk in an old growth forest might rekindle your awe for Natural wonders.