Plutocracy

This is well written and worth reading. Read the part about Atlantic City. I hadn’t realized it had declined so far.
This is what happens when plutocracy takes hold–which is what Republicans push for, whether they admit it or not. These cities are a precursor to what is to come if libertarian/Republican views get more of a grip on US politics than they have already. Gross inequality ensues and the status of the bottom 75% (at least) declines precipitously as it’s been doing for decades.
I look forward to your comments.
Lois

I didn’t read the whole thing so maybe this was mentioned: mission accomplished. None of this was by accident.
I contend that the conservatives of the world, the fascists and Nazis of the world (though smart enough to denounce these ideologies at every turn), learned a big lesson from Hitler…how NOT to proceed. So they’ve gone underground, sort of, and wrapped everything they’ve done in a flag and a bible. The biggest and last push was 911. That gave the final impetus to suppress the masses under the guise of Freedom, Patriotism, and religiosity. And it’s working. And if the world goes to hell, again, mission accomplished. Idiocracy isn’t just a funny movie, it’s pretty close to the desired end state.
And the beauty, so to speak, of it all is that it’s so easy to write off as conspiracy/nutjob territory. It gives them the perfect cover.

I didn't read the whole thing so maybe this was mentioned: mission accomplished. None of this was by accident. I contend that the conservatives of the world, the fascists and Nazis of the world (though smart enough to denounce these ideologies at every turn), learned a big lesson from Hitler...how NOT to proceed. So they've gone underground, sort of, and wrapped everything they've done in a flag and a bible. The biggest and last push was 911. That gave the final impetus to suppress the masses under the guise of Freedom, Patriotism, and religiosity. And it's working. And if the world goes to hell, again, mission accomplished. Idiocracy isn't just a funny movie, it's pretty close to the desired end state. And the beauty, so to speak, of it all is that it's so easy to write off as conspiracy/nutjob territory. It gives them the perfect cover.
You're absolutely right. Lois

Good article Lois. I was in AC recently. It’s absolutely true.
Have you read this one? Talk about plutocracy.
Oxfam: 85 richest people as wealthy as poorest half of the world]

Good article Lois. I was in AC recently. It's absolutely true. Have you read this one? Talk about plutocracy. Oxfam: 85 richest people as wealthy as poorest half of the world]
Thanks, I saw that statistic before and it is shocking. Lois

Welcome to “The Handmaid’s Tale.”