Over the top or right on the money?

Donald Trump Is Gonna Get Us Killed
By Michael Moore, Michael Moore’s Facebook Page
14 December 2016
A week has gone by since Donald Trump admitted he’s only been to “two or three” of his daily presidential national security briefings. There have been 36 of them since the day he secured enough electoral college votes to be appointed president next Monday when the Electoral College meets.
Most would agree the #1 job of the leader of any country is to keep its people safe. There is no more important meeting every day for the President than the one where he learns what the day’s potential threats are to the country. That Trump would find it too cumbersome or too annoying to have to sit through 20 minutes of listening to his top intelligence people tell him who’s trying to kill us today, simply boggles the mind.
Of course, our minds have been so boggled so many times in the past year by this foolish man no one seems that surprised or concerned. He can get up at 5 in the morning and send angry, childish tweets about how he’s being portrayed on SNL (“Not funny! Unwatchable!”), or belittling the local elected union leader in Indiana, but he doesn’t have time to hear about the threats to our national security.
So, my fellow Americans, when the next terrorist attack happens – and it will happen, we all know that – and after the tragedy is over, amidst the death and destruction that might have been prevented, you will see Donald Trump acting quickly to blame everyone but himself. He will suspend constitutional rights. He will round up anyone he deems a threat. He will declare war, and his Republican Congress will back him.
And no one will remember that he wasn’t paying attention to the growing threat. Wasn’t attending the daily national security briefings. Was playing golf instead or meeting with celebrities or staying up til 3am tweeting about how unfair CNN is. He said he didn’t need to be briefed. “You know, I think I’m smart. I don’t need to hear the same thing over and over each day for eight years.” That’s what he told Fox News on December 11th when asked why he wasn’t attending the security briefings. Don’t forget that date and his hubris as we bury the dead next year.
We had a president like him before. He, too, lost the popular vote, a majority of Americans saying they didn’t want him in the Oval Office. But his governor/brother and his ex-CIA chief/dad’s appointees to the Supreme Court put an end to that, and he was installed as Commander-in-Chief. On August 6, 2001, he was on a month-long vacation at his ranch in Texas. That morning, the White House Counsel handed him his daily national security briefing. He glanced at it, set it aside and then went fishing for the rest of the day. Below is the photo of that moment which I showed the world in “Fahrenheit 9/11”. The headline on the security briefing reads: BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE INSIDE U.S. On the top page it tells how bin Laden will do this: with planes. George W. Bush didn’t leave the ranch to go back to work for the next four weeks. In the fifth week, bin Laden attacked the US with planes on September 11th.
It’s one thing to have a president who was asleep at the wheel. But, my friends, it’s a whole other thing to now have a president-elect who REFUSES TO EVEN GET BEHIND THE WHEEL! This utter neglect of duty, a daily snub at the people who work to protect us, the first Commander-in-Chief to literally be AWOL and announcing proudly he isn’t going to change – this, I assure you, is going to get a lot of innocent people killed.
To you, Mr. Trump, I say this: When this next terrorist attack takes place, it is YOU who will be charged by the American people with a gross dereliction of duty. It was YOUR job to pay attention, to protect the country. But you were too busy tweeting and defending Putin and appointing cabinet members to dismantle the government. You didn’t have time for the daily national security briefing. Don’t think we’re going to let you use a modern-day burning of the Reichstag as your excuse to eliminate our civil liberties and our democracy.
We will remember that while the plot to kill Americans was being hatched, your time was consumed by whom you saw as the real threat to America: Alec Baldwin in a wig.

Way over the top. Moore is just trying stay active so he can sell his next book.

Right on the money. He said pretty much the same thing on Lawrence O’Donnell yesterday except he was talking to the electors. He proposed that they don’t elect Hillary, he knows that’s a no go, but that the Republican electors get behind a more reasonable Republican like Romney. Trump is the exact type of patsy the powers that be have been waiting for, even more so that W. The difference is, W knew he himself was a buffoon. Trump actually believes himself to be great. Putin and China are just lickin’ their chops.

Way over the top. Moore is just trying stay active so he can sell his next book.
Precisely! The irony is that Moore's film "Roger and Me" is a film that covers exactly what Trump is talking about. Now Moore is just riding the gravy train. And Trump is driving that gravy train for him now. There are careers to be made on identity politics and wedge issues. It's made alot of people alot of money. It has legions of devotees.

The facts are that the US has performed so many transgressions around the world in the name of capitalism and empire that its management is next to impossible, and so we are lied to about world events and their context. This is not Trump’s doing, though he may have to deal with it. The credibility of the USFG was totally shot through during the Bush administration via the Iraq war, and now with regard to the election cycle the credibility is again gone, and possibly worse than during the Bush era. The transgressions stretch back about seventy years when we alienated Iran. When we sincerely ask ourselves why we have so many enemies in the world the answers are daunting. Global justice… the accountability of a democracy falls upon its people. The one nation that has dropped a nuclear bomb or two upon another; the nation most responsible for climate change and still denies it; the assassinations and payoffs that have gone on around the world in order to marginalize other peoples’ sovereignty; it doesn’t look good for US. This is my cuntry. I am not a warmonger. I voted for Jill Stein. Feel the Bern. Bernie spin! Truth to power, You in the tower!

The facts are that the US has performed so many transgressions around the world in the name of capitalism and empire that its management is next to impossible, and so we are lied to about world events and their context. This is not Trump's doing, though he may have to deal with it. The credibility of the USFG was totally shot through during the Bush administration via the Iraq war, and now with regard to the election cycle the credibility is again gone, and possibly worse than during the Bush era. The transgressions stretch back about seventy years when we alienated Iran. When we sincerely ask ourselves why we have so many enemies in the world the answers are daunting. Global justice... the accountability of a democracy falls upon its people. The one nation that has dropped a nuclear bomb or two upon another; the nation most responsible for climate change and still denies it; the assassinations and payoffs that have gone on around the world in order to marginalize other peoples' sovereignty; it doesn't look good for US. This is my cuntry. I am not a warmonger. I voted for Jill Stein. Feel the Bern. Bernie spin! Truth to power, You in the tower!
Hi Tim and welcome to CFI. Might add Christianity. “in the name of capitalism and Christianity". Today we reap the rewards of capitalism. The Bush Presidents did a lot of damage. Obama tried to clean some of the mess up, but did not get the support he needed. Capitalism is still the best system if you can control the greed. Tell me who is Jill Stein? :-)
The facts are that the US has performed so many transgressions around the world in the name of capitalism and empire that its management is next to impossible,
Actually the US has spread more goodwill, prosperity, aid and protection around the world in the name of democracy and peace than any other nation in the history of humankind. Yeah there's been a few hiccups...every large nation that influences global politics has some. But it's nothing in comparison to the forces of good the US has spread around the globe. That's just the facts.
When we sincerely ask ourselves why we have so many enemies in the world the answers are daunting.
Can you list those off? You mean nation states? How about listing those enemies off....if there are so many of them...
Truth to power, You in the tower!
Right!
The facts are that the US has performed so many transgressions around the world in the name of capitalism and empire that its management is next to impossible,
Actually the US has spread more goodwill, prosperity, aid and protection around the world in the name of democracy and peace than any other nation in the history of humankind. Yeah there's been a few hiccups...every large nation that influences global politics has some. But it's nothing in comparison to the forces of good the US has spread around the globe. That's just the facts.
When we sincerely ask ourselves why we have so many enemies in the world the answers are daunting.
Can you list those off? You mean nation states? How about listing those enemies off....if there are so many of them...
Truth to power, You in the tower!
Right! The list is so long and it is not like I have it here all ready to reel off. Since the middle-east is so hot right now let's start with Iran. Do you concede that we have mistreated Iran and that their treatment of us as an enemy is well founded? It's a funny detail that you ask me to qualify whether these are nation states or not, for we have installed numerous nondemocratic institutions in countries whose economic policies were non-capitalist. Obviously in such cases it is the citizens of those nations who are our enemies. Sir, it is not democracy that the US stands for in the world. It is not good that the US stands for in the world. It is capitalistic greed that the US stands for in the world. That is the nature of oligarchy. Our own democracy is exposed as a fraud now. Our media is spewing lies and ignoring totally relevant information such as the pied piper election strategy. We stand in the world with a big bat... a bloody bat... with flesh hanging from its splinters. It is going to come back to haunt us, and this is an opportune time for such action. The US has been hyperactive in the world and must be held accountable. We cannot go on with that strategy any longer. Iran is villified here in this country, yet it is one of the few modern muslim nations. It was pushed during cold war era politics to the Soviet Union. As far as I know the US media still props up the hostage situation during the Carter era when it has been proven that there were active spies in the group. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh Do you concede that Iran is a valid instance of my claim? You know how long your concessions are going to go on for? As we have the discussion even more will arise. The control freakish thrill seeking cooks in the CIA... just think of the personalities that they love to hire, the advanced methods that they are up to around the world, and I believe including here in the USA. The media situation is pretty close to proof now. Go ahead and start your list of positive actions if you would like to keep score. I will readily concede some, but I'm fairly confident that the score will come out in favor of my position, and we don't even know of all of the transgressions.
Do you concede that Iran is a valid instance of my claim?
I asked you to give me a list of all the enemies the US has. Now you can't seem to do that. Hmmmn... TimBandTech-
ask ourselves why we have so many enemies in the world
Still nothing?
I asked you to give me a list of all the enemies the US has. Now you can't seem to do that. Hmmmn... TimBandTech-
Still nothing? This is not at all a conclusive list, but let's go to South America and Central America: "On conspiracies one final point; Iran: 1953; Guatemala: 1954; Chile: 1973; Venezuela: 2002; all had democratically elected governments overthrown in coups either organized or backed by the U.S. The CIA played a part in all of them." - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-C9ERNe9zA ; 08:20 into this Al Jazeera clip. Your integrity matches that of the government. It is American Cheese that you serve, and that would be funny, except for the blood that runs all over it. The last good war that can be cited was World War II. Virtually every major war that we participated in was of our own making. We are now at endless war in the middle east in the hopes that they will not take it here. It is coming here to our soil. I can feel it. We must halt the transgressions. Capitalism and environmentalism are not compatible. Game Over, America. We are ready for revolution.
Still nothing? This is not at all a conclusive list, but let's go to South America and Central America: "On conspiracies one final point; Iran: 1953; Guatemala: 1954; Chile: 1973; Venezuela: 2002; all had democratically elected governments overthrown in coups either organized or backed by the U.S. The CIA played a part in all of them." - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-C9ERNe9zA ; 08:20 into this Al Jazeera clip. Your integrity matches that of the government. It is American Cheese that you serve, and that would be funny, except for the blood that runs all over it. The last good war that can be cited was World War II. Virtually every major war that we participated in was of our own making. We are now at endless war in the middle east in the hopes that they will not take it here. It is coming here to our soil. I can feel it. We must halt the transgressions. Capitalism and environmentalism are not compatible. Game Over, America. We are ready for revolution. My list of US enemies would include all the people that NSA has the surveillance capabilities on.
It is coming here to our soil. I can feel it. We must halt the transgressions. Capitalism and environmentalism are not compatible. Game Over, America. We are ready for revolution.
I'm sure you can feel it. Those pesky transgressions. You're boring.
It is coming here to our soil. I can feel it. We must halt the transgressions. Capitalism and environmentalism are not compatible. Game Over, America. We are ready for revolution.
I'm sure you can feel it. Those pesky transgressions. You're boring. I’m guessing the - The number one group of environmentalists in America are farmers. The number one group of capitalists in America are also farmers.
I asked you to give me a list of all the enemies the US has.
How about going by the countries we've bombed?
A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but doesn’t have an air force. USA's bombing list Korea and China 1950-53 (Korean War) Guatemala 1954 Indonesia 1958 Cuba 1959-1961 Guatemala 1960 Congo 1964 Laos 1964-73 Vietnam 1961-73 Cambodia 1969-70 Guatemala 1967-69 Grenada 1983 Lebanon 1983, 1984 (both Lebanese and Syrian targets) Libya 1986 El Salvador 1980s Nicaragua 1980s Iran 1987 Panama 1989 Iraq 1991 (Persian Gulf War) Kuwait 1991 Somalia 1993 Bosnia 1994, 1995 Sudan 1998 Afghanistan 1998 Yugoslavia 1999 Yemen 2002 Iraq 1991-2003 (US/UK on regular basis) Iraq 2003-2015 Afghanistan 2001-2015 Pakistan 2007-2015 Somalia 2007-8, 2011 Yemen 2009, 2011 Libya 2011, 2015 Syria 2014-2015 https://williamblum.org/chapters/rogue-state/united-states-bombings-of-other-countries
I'm sure you can feel it. Those pesky transgressions. You're boring. I’m guessing the - The number one group of environmentalists in America are farmers. The number one group of capitalists in America are also farmers. I do think that this is an interesting vector, but farmers are making up less and less of the population. It used to be that something like 5% of the population were involved in farming and now if we were to do a serious analysis it will be even less when large farms and their production is factored in over the smaller farms. A few men with ever growing machines have taken over in a way that forcefully squeezes smaller farmers out of the business. It is largely a success in terms of economy of scale end efficiency bringing cheap and plenty food to the masses. This sector of the economy is like healthcare in its basic function to society. Agriculture is really first in that it allows enough people enough free time to pursue such technology as healthcare. Sadly though what we do with all that free time is becoming a deep problem. Dollars alone do not make sense. It is the actions of each individual that form the economy and the capitalist system rings hollow at its core. Its inability to address climate change head on is a fine instance. All the action is in terms of the dollar concerns of a few. Quality of life is more than the material attainment of the people. Americans who are rich in material wealth are poor in skills. The human race is not so big a part of the economy as is the machine race. We are going to bump into a distribution of goods issue at some point that will make the system snap. Oops, the whole planet is going snap right now. I don't want to be a doom and gloomer, but the perfect storm does appear to be formed, and again from another angle it is going to come down hard on the USA.
Precisely! The irony is that Moore's film "Roger and Me" is a film that covers exactly what Trump is talking about. Now Moore is just riding the gravy train. And Trump is driving that gravy train for him now. There are careers to be made on identity politics and wedge issues. It's made alot of people alot of money. It has legions of devotees. Moore could retire and live a much happier life out of the spotlight. Yes, Trump and Moore identify the same problem, jobs leaving the country. The difference is, Moore identifies the actual culprits, the people who actually make those decisions. Trump is one of them, but he points fingers at Democratic politicians and unions, getting workers to vote for him and claiming he can "bring back jobs" that are gone forever.
Yes, Trump and Moore identify the same problem, jobs leaving the country. The difference is, Moore identifies the actual culprits, the people who actually make those decisions. Trump is one of them, but he points fingers at Democratic politicians and unions, getting workers to vote for him and claiming he can "bring back jobs" that are gone forever.
This is why Trump loves uneducated people. This also applies to educated people who turn off their cognitive faculties and blindly swallow Trump's lies.
Moore could retire and live a much happier life out of the spotlight.
Do you know Moore? Because if he continues to be in the spotlight and make more movies that people have to pay to see, we can safely say that your comments here are incorrect. It would appear that Moore is most happiest continuing his successful film career. Unless you're his personal spokesperson....?
Yes, Trump and Moore identify the same problem, jobs leaving the country. The difference is,
The difference is that Trump has the potential to do something about it. Moore made "Roger and Me" in 1989 and the film did nothing for the US or US workers. It definitely did alot for Moore personally though.

Another list from Gary Null’s podcast of today which are claimed to be attempted overthrows by the US:
At about thirty minutes into Untitled Document Null - The Natural Living Show&short=garynull&date=2016-12-19&time=12:00:01&duration=60&hosts=Gary Null&music=N&icon=icon-archives-health.jpg&audio=wbai_161219_120001garynull.mp3
China 1949-1950s
Albania 1949-1953
East Germany 1960’s
Iran 1953
Guatemala 1954
Costa Rica mid 60s
Syria 66-67
Egypt 67
Indonesia 65,67-68
Iraq 63
Bosnia 45
N Vietnam 63-67
Cambodia 55-70
Laos 68, 59-60
Ecuaudor 60-63
Congo 60
Brazil 62, 64
Dominican Republic 63
Cuba 59 on
Bosnia 64
Ghana 66
Chile 64-73
Greece 67
Costa Rica 70-71
Bolivia 71
Zaire 75
Portugal 74-76
Jamaica 76-80
Chad 61-62
Granada 63
Fiji 67
Libya 60s
Nicaragua 61-90
Panama 89
Bulgaria 90
Albania 91
Iraq 91, 03
Afghanistan 90s
Somalia 90s
Yugoslavia 90-00
Ecuador 00
Afganistan 01
Venezuela 02
Haiti 04
Somalia 07-now
Libya 11
Syria 12
Any number less than 40 is in the 2000’s and greater than 40 is in the 1900’s.
I have not researched these other than to transcribe audio over to this post.
I believe we can also legitimately add Turkey to this list in 2016.
I like the bombing list a bit better since it goes back to text, but Null’s show is a pretty good listen. WBAI is right out there at the fringe, where millions will be flocking as they realize the phony media that the mainstream is.
Fake news, fake government; everything is fake about this country except for its arsenal.
Perhaps Chavez was correct when he called the US a paper tiger, but its got real teeth.
Trump is a perfect fit.

I asked you to give me a list of all the enemies the US has.
How about going by the countries we've bombed?
A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but doesn’t have an air force. USA's bombing list Korea and China 1950-53 (Korean War) Guatemala 1954 Indonesia 1958 Cuba 1959-1961 Guatemala 1960 Congo 1964 Laos 1964-73 Vietnam 1961-73 Cambodia 1969-70 Guatemala 1967-69 Grenada 1983 Lebanon 1983, 1984 (both Lebanese and Syrian targets) Libya 1986 El Salvador 1980s Nicaragua 1980s Iran 1987 Panama 1989 Iraq 1991 (Persian Gulf War) Kuwait 1991 Somalia 1993 Bosnia 1994, 1995 Sudan 1998 Afghanistan 1998 Yugoslavia 1999 Yemen 2002 Iraq 1991-2003 (US/UK on regular basis) Iraq 2003-2015 Afghanistan 2001-2015 Pakistan 2007-2015 Somalia 2007-8, 2011 Yemen 2009, 2011 Libya 2011, 2015 Syria 2014-2015 https://williamblum.org/chapters/rogue-state/united-states-bombings-of-other-countries

USA’s bombing list
Korea and China 1950-53 (Korean War)
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-1961
Guatemala 1960
Congo 1964
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Grenada 1983
Lebanon 1983, 1984 (both Lebanese and Syrian targets)
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1980s
Nicaragua 1980s
Iran 1987
Panama 1989
Iraq 1991 (Persian Gulf War)
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1993
Bosnia 1994, 1995
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Yemen 2002
Iraq 1991-2003 (US/UK on regular basis)
Iraq 2003-2015
Afghanistan 2001-2015
Pakistan 2007-2015
Somalia 2007-8, 2011
Yemen 2009, 2011
Libya 2011, 2015
Syria 2014-2015
United States bombings of other countries – William Blum
They’re all our friends, too. This list doesn’t show the countries we’ve armed so they can kill each other without the US getting blood on its hands–or its conscience.
Lois