Neurodoc's introduction

I enjoy reading science and science fiction. I love the internet, espresso, Chopin and learning new things. I am a thinker, a cynic, an extrovert and a liberal. I believe in the laws of physics and the forces of nature. And, oh yes, I’m also an academic neurologist.

I enjoy reading science and science fiction. I love the internet, espresso, Chopin and learning new things. I am a thinker, a cynic, an extrovert and a liberal. I believe in the laws of physics and the forces of nature. And, oh yes, I'm also an academic neurologist.
Welcome. MAybe you can explain what an academic neurologist is. A teacher of neurology? I haven't heard the term before. Lois

Welcome neurodoc. Intriguing combination of interests. Glad to have you aboard.

Lois, an academic neurologist is one who is employed by a medical school. My job responsibilities include seeing patients in our group practice 2 days a week, doing research (I study aspects of memory loss and dementia, including testing new drugs for Alzheimer’s disease), teaching medical students and residents, and doing occasional administrative things like peer review.