Largest volcano on Earth discovered

And some people think that the age of exploration is over:

I found this volcano, after reading about it, easily on Google Earth, since they did go through the trouble of providing oceanic depths as well as the land maps that most people are familiar with.

That thing is huge. Very cool.

Fascinating. Although it’s huge, it’s dormant. Meanwhile there’s a smaller one a distance about 200-400 miles south of the island of Hawaii that is quietly continuing to erupt and grow. They figure it’ll break the ocean surface somewhere around 1,500 years from now to form another Hawaiian island.
That’s from memory of about twenty years ago so the numbers may be wrong.
Occam

They figure it'll break the ocean surface somewhere around 1,500 years from now to form another Hawaiian island. Occam
I can't wait, for that. :cheese: Good news find everyone! :) Marsians think they're such big shots with their Olympus Mons, go go Tamu Massif! :)
Fascinating. Although it's huge, it's dormant. Meanwhile there's a smaller one a distance about 200-400 miles south of the island of Hawaii that is quietly continuing to erupt and grow. They figure it'll break the ocean surface somewhere around 1,500 years from now to form another Hawaiian island. That's from memory of about twenty years ago so the numbers may be wrong. Occam
1480 years?
Fascinating. Although it's huge, it's dormant. Meanwhile there's a smaller one a distance about 200-400 miles south of the island of Hawaii that is quietly continuing to erupt and grow. They figure it'll break the ocean surface somewhere around 1,500 years from now to form another Hawaiian island. That's from memory of about twenty years ago so the numbers may be wrong. Occam
Too bad 'dormant' means 'it can wake up someday and do a hell-of-a-lot of damage'... :grrr: :gulp:

That’s why I like the Hawaiian volcanos. They function quite well, but they’re all pretty gentle. They just start pumping out lava, but without any explosions, then they stop.
Occam

That's why I like the Hawaiian volcanos. They function quite well, but they're all pretty gentle. They just start pumping out lava, but without any explosions, then they stop. Occam
And form another nice Pacific island!