Is this determinism?

Because I’m not quite sure what the author is getting at here. I looked at the comments and they all ripped him apart, going on about determinism and fatalism. So what exactly is it?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-helpful-answers-to-societys-most-uncomfortable-questions/ Because I'm not quite sure what the author is getting at here. I looked at the comments and they all ripped him apart, going on about determinism and fatalism. So what exactly is it?
Sounds like determinism. Do you have a better theory?

So is determinism bad though?

So is determinism bad though?
That'/ like asking if evolition is bad. It's neither good nor bad, it just is, just like physics, chemistry., geoplogy and cosmology.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-helpful-answers-to-societys-most-uncomfortable-questions/ Because I'm not quite sure what the author is getting at here. I looked at the comments and they all ripped him apart, going on about determinism and fatalism. So what exactly is it?
I just read what he wrote, and it is obviously he makes the mistake of equating determinism with fatalism. Read e.g. this: Determinism Is Not Fatalism]
I just read what he wrote, and it is obviously he makes the mistake of equating determinism with fatalism. Read e.g. this: Determinism Is Not Fatalism] That actually makes a lot of sense and I had the wrong idea about determinism.

If that graph of population increase is correct, it is a perfect example of the exponential function.
Watch this lecture and many of your questions will be answered.

If you want to extend this in the abstract to all events in nature and human behavior, you will readily see the evolution of humans and their extra-ordinary ability to utilize almost every resource available to our advantage, including slaves to extend their range of influence.
But even Wolves mark their territory.
Human’s ability to think abstractly is a double edged sword. We have the ability to choose but our desires usually causes us to choose wrongly.
The Law of Movement in the direction of greatest Satisfaction.
All this this comes at a cost (exponential function), if your territory becomes too small, it must be extended and that invokes a defense, most times through violent means, at all levels of natural defenses. The exponential function (growth) iwill inevitably result in zero growth, a natural balance which is sustainable by controlling the numbers.
This also holds true for the concept of "survival of the fittest*. Whereas the natural selection tends to stabilize growth of all living organisms, occasionally an “invasive” species evolves, but fortunately (except for flying insects) they are limited by their immediate environment and are locally contained until they run out of resources by killing their host, get smaller, or just disappear. Neanderthal? All very Darwinian.
This exponential scenario will be apply to humans as well as is evidenced by the discriminatory actions in real killing wars. Just like ants. Watch this and then consider our impact on the combination of these naturally mathematical laws,
The Hellstrom Chronicle:
The Hellstrom Chronicle - Part 1 - YouTube.