Is Murder Wrong If There Is No God?

If the RESURRECTION is fiction, then murder is not wrong.
"Thou shalt not kill" is rumored to have been written in stone long before the JC story even began. Intentional homicide was punishable by death in Athens hundreds of years before JC was rumored to exist. Looks like JC and resurrection are getting way off thread besides being quite inaccurate.So what if people pretend that fiction is nonfiction, and then behave irrationally as a result? What have you proved? Certainly not, that murder is wrong, even if the RESURRECTION is fiction. Nope.
"Thou shalt not kill" is rumored to have been written in stone long before the JC story even began. Intentional homicide was punishable by death in Athens hundreds of years before JC was rumored to exist. Looks like JC and resurrection are getting way off thread besides being quite inaccurate. Yes and religious murder was also committed after JC was rumored to exist. Read Hypatia's story; http://www.womanastronomer.com/hypatia.htm
"Thou shalt not kill" is rumored to have been written in stone long before the JC story even began. Intentional homicide was punishable by death in Athens hundreds of years before JC was rumored to exist. Looks like JC and resurrection are getting way off thread besides being quite inaccurate. Yes and religious murder was also committed after JC was rumored to exist. Read Hypatia's story; http://www.womanastronomer.com/hypatia.htmSo what?
Their justly administered torture.
Now that is clearly a statement of ignorance of the true history of Abrahamic religions. Tell me what is justly about this practice. If a woman was accused of practicing witchcraft they would sow her into a sack and throw her in the river. If she came back to the surface it was a sign of witchcraft and she would be burned at the stake. OTOH, if she drowned, it was a sign that she was innocent. But dead. In my book that amounts to Murder Most Foul! If you want to believe in resurrection , that's ok with me. After you or I die we shall never meet again. But don't give me any BS about the IMMORAL PRACTICES of the church and its Minions. To thine own self be true ! Bearing false witness is a mortal sin! Ignorance is no excuse for blathering falsehoods without any knowledge of History.
"Thou shalt not kill" is rumored to have been written in stone long before the JC story even began. Intentional homicide was punishable by death in Athens hundreds of years before JC was rumored to exist. Looks like JC and resurrection are getting way off thread besides being quite inaccurate. Yes and religious murder was also committed after JC was rumored to exist. Read Hypatia's story; http://www.womanastronomer.com/hypatia.htmSo what? You're going to Hell, that's what. Here is the truth, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE
Their justly administered torture.
Now that is clearly a statement of ignorance of the true history of Abrahamic religions. Tell me what is justly about this practice. If a woman was accused of practicing witchcraft they would sow her into a sack and throw her in the river. If she came back to the surface it was a sign of witchcraft and she would be burned at the stake. OTOH, if she drowned, it was a sign that she was innocent. But dead. In my book that amounts to Murder Most Foul! If you want to believe in resurrection , that's ok with me. After you or I die we shall never meet again. But don't give me any BS about the IMMORAL PRACTICES of the church and its Minions. To thine own self be true ! Bearing false witness is a mortal sin! Ignorance is no excuse for blathering falsehoods without any knowledge of History.I'm talking about a hypothetical person, who's convicted in a fair trial by jury, of raping and murdering babies. They deserve to be tortured. If you disagree with that, then you are censored.
"Thou shalt not kill" is rumored to have been written in stone long before the JC story even began. Intentional homicide was punishable by death in Athens hundreds of years before JC was rumored to exist. Looks like JC and resurrection are getting way off thread besides being quite inaccurate. Yes and religious murder was also committed after JC was rumored to exist. Read Hypatia's story; http://www.womanastronomer.com/hypatia.htmSo what? You're going to Hell, that's what.LOL.
Here is the truth, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE
What's the youtube about?
"Thou shalt not kill" is rumored to have been written in stone long before the JC story even began. Intentional homicide was punishable by death in Athens hundreds of years before JC was rumored to exist. Looks like JC and resurrection are getting way off thread besides being quite inaccurate. Yes and religious murder was also committed after JC was rumored to exist. Read Hypatia's story; http://www.womanastronomer.com/hypatia.htmSo what? You're going to Hell, that's what.LOL.
What's the youtube about? You.
You.George Carlin? Really? You don't have to believe in God, or any of the other things that Carlin complains about, to believe in the RESURRECTION.
Even if we could prove definitively that the Maker both exists nonfictionally, and is "wrong[/evil]," what on earth could we do about it? We would remain at the mercy of the Maker, regardless, and for my money, I'd be more inclined to determining my best course of action, taking into very careful consideration to whether the Maker has instructed me in any particular way, as I make my determination about what is my best course of action, and just what I would do. As a Christian, I am instructed to do one essential thing, and it is that I ought to "confess with [my] mouth the Lord Jesus," and to, "believe in [my] heart that God hath raised him from the dead," as Romans chapter 10 verse nine says. So my choice is whether or not to believe the RESURRECTION. And it's an easy choice.
I agree with your hypothetical situation; If the Maker existed and we could determine it was evil, that would be a bad situation. It would mean we are superior in our ability to be good to the thing that made us. This would be a different situation than what the Bible claims. The Bible claims that because we were made by God, that makes him all be definition. But let's set that aside and consider this "best course of action". I'm pretty defiant to authority and obstinate when it comes to thinking I'm doing the right thing. So, I would resist the evil Maker and do what I think was right, regardless of threats of torture from the Maker or his minions. Now, back to the God of the Bible. What in the Bible convinces you that God or Jesus are superior in their ability choose good over evil? It seems to me there is some other standard of good outside of them.
You.George Carlin? Really? You don't have to believe in God, or any of the other things that Carlin complains about, to believe in the RESURRECTION. You don't have to believe in god? The bible says resurrection occurred on mass at jesus's death. Nothing special about Jesus numb nuts
I agree with your hypothetical situation; If the Maker existed and we could determine it was evil, that would be a bad situation. It would mean we are superior in our ability to be good to the thing that made us. This would be a different situation than what the Bible claims. The Bible claims that because we were made by God, that makes him all be definition. But let's set that aside and consider this "best course of action". I'm pretty defiant to authority and obstinate when it comes to thinking I'm doing the right thing. So, I would resist the evil Maker and do what I think was right, regardless of threats of torture from the Maker or his minions.
Fine. Have at it, by all means.
Now, back to the God of the Bible. What in the Bible convinces you that God or Jesus are superior in their ability choose good over evil? It seems to me there is some other standard of good outside of them.
Simple. I don't care about good and evil as much as you seem to. The RESURRECTION cuts through the distractions and gets to the heart of the matter for me, so I believe it; the Gospel, the Christian Good News, that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead.
You don't have to believe in god? The bible says resurrection occurred on mass at jesus's death. Nothing special about Jesus numb nuts
Are you drunk?
You don't have to believe in god? The bible says resurrection occurred on mass at jesus's death. Nothing special about Jesus numb nuts
Are you drunk? Doesn't help when you don't know your own Bible. Something about the graves opening, I think it's Matthew.
I'm pretty defiant to authority and obstinate when it comes to thinking I'm doing the right thing. So, I would resist the evil Maker and do what I think was right, regardless of threats of torture from the Maker or his minions..
Your choice of course. But not a rational one. You probably don't like Donald Trump being President. But you're not going to try to assassinate him, because you don't want Seal team helicopters landing on your roof. But you would supposedly thumb your nose at a creator of all reality and pay the price of an eternity in hell. You're not only not rational, you're not honest either. The theist position is essentially rational. Whatever one thinks the fundamental nature of reality might be, the rational thing to do is worship it. That's something we have control over.
Tanny said, The theist position is essentially rational. Whatever one thinks the fundamental nature of reality might be, the rational thing to do is worship it. That’s something we have control over.
What makes you think atheists do not believe in and respect Nature? We just don't pray for personal favors. It's not polite and respectful to expect the universe to change it's ways because we wish it. Nature and Natural laws are implacable forces, which must be respected and an effort made to adapt to live within it's Natural constraints. Nature is the Atheist's God. We try to "walk the talk" as much as any religious persons. But we know that prayer and all the pomp and circumstance is useless. Nobody is listening. All life is subject to Natural law, not God's law. You think you have any control over this ~13.7 billion year old Universe? That just smacks of hubris and the expectation of immortality. The best we can hope for to be partly reincarnated as a bird or a fish, or preferably into something that people tend not to kill for food or pleasure. We all have a few molecules of what once was Genghis Khan inside us, or Hitler, and yes even Jesus if he ever existed. Nothing truly dies, it just changes form. Humans and some animals, such as our beloved pets only live on "in memoriam". That is Rational thinking . The rest is arrogant Wishful thinking, IMO. But I still respect you also..... :-)
Are you drunk? Doesn't help when you don't know your own Bible. Something about the graves opening, I think it's Matthew. What a laugh. You haven't even read the bible!!
Are you drunk? Doesn't help when you don't know your own Bible. Something about the graves opening, I think it's Matthew. What a laugh. You haven't even read the bible!! I am willing to bet that many atheist know more about the Bible than many Bible Thumpers. You see, you believe what you have been told is in the bible and ordered to read a few psalms pertinent to the choice of subject by the preacher/guru. But anyone who is used to objectively analyzing a subject make it a point to become informed about the origin and history of the subject, so that they can apply objective critical thinking to their analysis. I am an atheist but I have four bibles (curiously each a little different, such as the story of Loafs and Fishes), as well as the Skeptics Annotated Bible, which offers analytical insight into the Bible, the Quran , and the Mormon bible. It's worthy for a place in anyone's library. http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ p.s. Critical Thinking is NOT being critical of something. Critical Thinking is defined as;
Critical thinking is the objective analysis of facts to form a judgment. The subject is complex, and there are several different definitions which generally include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis or evaluation of factual evidence.
Therefore many atheist who bother to even discuss the subject make sure they are familiar with the subject, before they enter the discussion. Unfortunately, it is the believer who fails to inform him/herself on the facts because they have been told not to question Divine Scripture (whatever that means).

In furtherance of the above, I have linked a portion of the Skeptics Annotated bible which recognized valuable moral behaviors, which I heartily agree with, because I believe those are philosophically secular edicts.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/good/long.html
It lists 516 good moral behaviors. This is why, as an atheist, I have these bibles. We can surely learn from them, even without belief that God exists.

Jesus Christ is the Firstborn from the dead, because He is the First to participate in the final, general resurrection from the dead, which remains future for the rest of us, but He has already risen from the dead; He did it First. The other resurrections you’ve all suggested are not the same.
We don’t even have to believe the other resurrections are nonfiction; we just have to believe that the Lord’s RESURRECTION is nonfiction.