Ideas for Changing the State of Alternative Medicine

I have to second McKenzie's comments. The few medical doctors I know who promote this sort of thing have no good scientific reasoning to support their position. They claim they are just being open minded but "open minded" in this case really just means " I think it works so I don't care what the science says". When belief trumps reason we are dealing with something that is essentially a religion.
...and I 'third' it...
Sorry if I came on a bit strong. I spend Waaayyyyyy too much time thinking about this stuff. :-)
Not too much. Probably not enough. I appreciate your posts. Lois
Nah, experimental is a science related word so it would give "alternative medicine" more cashe. I suggest pseudo-medicine. Those areas which have not been researched could stand this title until the research is done. In most cases where there hasn't been continuing research, the reason is that most scientists have enough broad experience that they almost intuitively recognize the low probability of successful outcomes. Occam
How about baloney medicine, for which we could use one of Carl Sagan's baloney detector kits. http://users.tpg.com.au/users/tps-seti/baloney.html

Alternative medicine can be a solution but more research should be needed.

“Medicine” is a solution. “Alternative medicine” is a way to liberate you from your cash by giving you a half ounce bottle of water for $18. By definition once you’ve researched it to the point that you are able to make legal and valid claims about its effectiveness it is no longer “alternative medicine”, at that point it’s just “medicine”.