Here's a Republican to keep an eye on, Idaho's Geoff Schroeder

OnlySky Media, thanks Lausten, it look’s pretty interest, especially with articles like:

https://i0.wp.com/onlysky.media/wp-All of that is to say religion wasn’t a driving force in this primary. It’s not that Schroeder was hiding it; it’s that he didn’t talk about it and no one asked about it.

If they tried, though, Schroeder told me he had a response ready to go. He planned to tell people that the U.S. Constitution forbids a religious test for public office and embraces religious freedom, including freedom from religion. His also pointed out that his wife is Christian. He has a history, in other words, of respecting people of faith and isn’t some anti-theist purposely picking fights about religion.

“I understand where the basis of their faith comes from, so I’m not antithetical to people of faith,” he told me. He added that being an atheist in a community with a few different (and conflicting) religious beliefs could arguably made him a better arbiter of policies that affect everyone because he has no dog in the fight./uploads/2022/05/vWWkm.jpeg?resize=1200%2C900&ssl=1

All of that is to say religion wasn’t a driving force in this primary. It’s not that Schroeder was hiding it; it’s that he didn’t talk about it and no one asked about it.

If they tried, though, Schroeder told me he had a response ready to go. He planned to tell people that the U.S. Constitution forbids a religious test for public office and embraces religious freedom, including freedom from religion. His also pointed out that his wife is Christian. He has a history, in other words, of respecting people of faith and isn’t some anti-theist purposely picking fights about religion.

“I understand where the basis of their faith comes from, so I’m not antithetical to people of faith,” he told me. He added that being an atheist in a community with a few different (and conflicting) religious beliefs could arguably made him a better arbiter of policies that affect everyone because he has no dog in the fight.

Let get some of that old time USA religion back here. When people knew what religion was about - that is making us personally better people, not about being turned into a bludgeon for battering others.

Is he short?

… Oops, sorry. Wrong thread. :smile:

And, pray tell, was that old time USA religion all about? Slavery?

God ordained that colored races are inferior to the white race?

White Supremacist Ideas Have Historical Roots In U.S. Christianity

July 1, 20201:38 PM ET

Let’s just have a strict adherence to the Establishment Clause and respect the concept that "all humans are created with equal right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness ".

1 Like

Hey I wasn’t 't talking about THAT good ol time religion, I was talking about good ol religion where people recognize God is a personal thing and beyond our understanding.

One strand of religion was all about how we live our lives and treat others - not about the delusion that we can actually know a personal god, who then wants us to rampage against anyone “you” happen not to like.

Adherence to the Establishment Clause is an awesome goal, but it can’t be done with most the voter apathetic & clueless while another one third has been totally wrapped up within trump’s insane government hating hypnotic spell.

America is a Democracy, use it or lose it.

1 Like