Hello

Not sure how to define myself-maybe a quasi-deist? Interested in discussion and discovering new things.

Not sure how to define myself-maybe a quasi-deist? Interested in discussion and discovering new things.
Quasi deist will do. Welcome LL
I see the prefix 'quasi' once in a while and get my definition of it from its context. I looked it up just now, and on Dictionary.com found this... quasi- combining form 1. almost but not really; seemingly: a quasi-religious cult 2. resembling but not actually being; so-called: a quasi-scholar Do you agree with this definition when you use 'quasi' in describing yourself?

Uncertainty is not a crime. Admitting it is a virtue. I’ll warn though, myself and others believe it is our duty to challenge every little claim or anything we think deviates from scientific fact. We mean it in a nice way.

I see the prefix 'quasi' once in a while and get my definition of it from its context. I looked it up just now, and on Dictionary.com found this... quasi- combining form 1. almost but not really; seemingly: a quasi-religious cult 2. resembling but not actually being; so-called: a quasi-scholar Do you agree with this definition when you use 'quasi' in describing yourself?I'd say so, definition 1 is right on point.
Uncertainty is not a crime. Admitting it is a virtue. I'll warn though, myself and others believe it is our duty to challenge every little claim or anything we think deviates from scientific fact. We mean it in a nice way.
Can't argue with that. The short and sweet of my deism is: the laws of physics had to come from somewhere and a preternatural cause is highly probable.