god v science

What if God doesn't give a damn about science and there is no reason for science to give a damn about God? All bow down and worship mutual indifference! psik
What if there's no god? Unequivocally science exists. ... There is no reason that I can think of to mention what does not exist. There is when billions of people claim a god exists--and without a scintilla of evidence, too.
What if God doesn't give a damn about science and there is no reason for science to give a damn about God? All bow down and worship mutual indifference! psik
What if there's no god? Unequivocally science exists. ... There is no reason that I can think of to mention what does not exist. There is when billions of people claim a god exists--and without a scintilla of evidence, too. Lois, had to look up the word scintilla. New one for me, but correct. Just a couple of points of thoughts on the subject. God does exist in the same form as other items of belief. Such as love and fear. But unlike love and fear which have always been around. Gods were created by man and have evolved over time. And to understand what god is or the power of god is very simple. After all we created the gods so we should know. Gods are all about knowledge. The control of certain items of knowledge or the implied control of certain items knowledge. And this knowledge is seen by the believers to beget powers to the gods, like judging and creating. And to anyone, like you and me. We just don’t believe so we don’t see the power of gods, thus they don't exist to us.
What if there's no god? Unequivocally science exists. ... There is no reason that I can think of to mention what does not exist. There is when billions of people claim a god exists--and without a scintilla of evidence, too. Lois, had to look up the word scintilla. New one for me, but correct. Just a couple of points of thoughts on the subject. God does exist in the same form as other items of belief. Such as love and fear. But unlike love and fear which have always been around. Gods were created by man and have evolved over time. And to understand what god is or the power of god is very simple. After all we created the gods so we should know. Gods are all about knowledge. The control of certain items of knowledge or the implied control of certain items knowledge. And this knowledge is seen by the believers to beget powers to the gods, like judging and creating. And to anyone, like you and me. We just don’t believe so we don’t see the power of gods, thus they don't exist to us. We don't need to, because we consider them as Universal Potentials. But latent universal potentials are perfectly natural and have no origin in a *supernatural domain*, but are inherent powers of this Universe!
What if there's no god? Unequivocally science exists. ... There is no reason that I can think of to mention what does not exist. How do you KNOW what does not exist? There is an SF book, Tau Zero by Poul Anderson. I read it way back when. The overall plot is based on the Big Crunch. The universe was supposed to expand until gravity brought it to a halt and pulled it back in resulting in The Big Crunch. But since then we have discovered that the rate of expansion of the universe is increasing. If any physicist had suggested such a thing in 1970 at the very least he would have been asked to explain the mechanism. But now we know it is happening. What is the mechanism? DARK ENERGY!!! What is that? Duh? If we called it God would that be any more informative? :lol: Reality is way cooler than fantasy. Dark Energy beats unicorns. psik
Reality is way cooler than fantasy. Dark Energy beats unicorns.
+1 -0.1 for the double space between sentences. ;-) The problem for many people is reality does not provide concrete answers, and they need concrete answers so badly they concoct illogical arguments to defend something which can be neither proven nor disproven.

This may explain why the universe is so effed up.
God Admits He Was in a Bad Place While Creating Universe.]
Note: This is not a peer-reviewed publication. Well, I’m sure the writers and editors review each other’s work, but it isn’t… oh you know what I mean. I just needed a sentence here to keep the forum software from flagging my link as spam.

Tim, I can imagine that world. The trench we dug at the direction of religions is too deep for children to escape. Adults are climbing out of that trench in increasing numbers and hopefully saving their children from growing up in that religious trench.
I encountered the concepts of atheism and agnosticism in 4th grade even though I was sent to a Catholic school. They were in science fiction books. No adults mentioned those ideas for years. I don't even recall when I first heard them from a live person they were so ingrained by then. Some SF is conducive to scientific thinking even when the science in the story is not all that good. Omnilingual (Feb 1957) by H. Beam Piper http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/03/scientific-language-h-beam-pipers-qomnilingualq http://www.feedbooks.com/book/308/omnilingual http://librivox.org/omnilingual-by-h-beam-piper/ Badge of Infamy (Jun 1957) by Lester del Rey http://librivox.org/badge-of-infamy-by-lester-del-rey/ http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/book/badge-of-infamy-by-lester-del-rey Now high school kids get The Hunger Games. We should have had a book list for kids decades ago. But now we have Project Gutenberg so books are free. psik
... I just needed a sentence here to keep the forum software from flagging my link as spam.
Really? I'll have to try that the next time I have a seemingly innocuous link denied as spam. BTW, that interview, with God, explains a lot.
That's great. You should get a tee-shirt with that on it.
That's great. You should get a tee-shirt with that on it. Yeah, Dark Energy is Sadistic psik