Do we actually grow up?

I’ve watched people for a long time and seeing how they, many times react to things and seeing how they react to things they are passionate about, I was really wondering if we actually grow up inside or have we just figured out how to suppress the child within us.
I’ve always thought that we, deep down at our core are still the innocent little child we were born as. This child is the one that still sees the world in all it’s wonder and majesty. The one that flashes with anger, sometimes far more quickly than the adult inside us can repress before we make utter fools of ourselves.
This is the same spirit that makes us so giddy when it comes to discussing things we are passionate about like a car for instance, that we adore. It’s also the supreme ruler of our hearts, when it comes to expressing the love we have and the romantic views we have that reality, so many times dashes to bits in front of our eye. It also holds sway with the most base emotions that we possess as a human being.
Is this person inside us who we really are after we strip away the veneer of sophistication that adults have cloaked themselves in to better relate to the issues of the day?

Is this person inside us who we really are after we strip away the veneer of sophistication that adults have cloaked themselves in to better relate to the issues of the day?
What veneer of sophistication? You need to hang out with my friends and me after we've had a few margaritas. :cheese:

“Do we actually grow up?”
That question has been echoing in my head since reading this earlier.
Seems like certain definitions need to be established before we can get serious about it.
Growing up in what way?
… learning to navigate the world ?
… … to accomplish success?
… … … but what is success?
money
skills
family
inner satisfaction
~ ~ ~
Growing up by struggling with and coming to peace with the demons, and inspirations, acquired during one’s early years ?
Growing up and experiencing the joy of cumulative learning and gaining awareness where once there was mystery ?
Growing up in refining ones tastes and expectations ?
Growing up in acquiring status ?
This is the kind of question that brings me face to face with that sense of ourselves being as if composed on layers upon layers, not unlike onions or nested dolls.

Hey Darron, the only time I get to be sophisticated is after a few margaritas. :lol:
Occam

Hey Darron, the only time I get to be sophisticated is after a few margaritas. :lol: Occam
Don't forget the cigars.