DECENCY FOR PRESIDENT - Max Lucado

I came across this and I like what the pastor has to say. At least I found a lot of truth in it

DECENCY FOR PRESIDENT - February 24, 2016 https://maxlucado.com/decency-for-president/ Max Lucado As the father of three daughters, I reserved the right to interview their dates. Seemed only fair to me. After all, my wife and I’d spent 16 or 17 years feeding them, dressing them, funding braces, and driving them to volleyball tournaments and piano recitals. A five-minute face-to-face with the guy was a fair expectation. I was entrusting the love of my life to him. For the next few hours, she would be dependent upon his ability to drive a car, avoid the bad crowds, and stay sober. I wanted to know if he could do it. I wanted to know if he was decent. This was my word: “decent." Did he behave in a decent manner? Would he treat my daughter with kindness and respect? Could he be trusted to bring her home on time? In his language, actions, and decisions, would he be a decent guy? Decency mattered to me as a dad. Decency matters to you. We take note of the person who pays their debts. We appreciate the physician who takes time to listen. When the husband honors his wedding vows, when the teacher makes time for the struggling student, when the employee refuses to gossip about her co-worker, when the losing team congratulates the winning team, we can characterize their behavior with the word decent. We appreciate decency. We applaud decency. We teach decency. We seek to develop decency. Decency matters, right? Then why isn’t decency doing better in the presidential race? The leading Republican candidate to be the next leader of the free world would not pass my decency interview. I’d send him away. I’d tell my daughter to stay home. I wouldn’t entrust her to his care. ... Such insensitivities wouldn’t be acceptable even for a middle school student body election. But for the Oval Office? And to do so while brandishing a Bible and boasting of his Christian faith? … (there more to it)

Another way to look at it is to think of hiring a CEO for your company. in comes Trump, without a moment’s experience in your business, but he insists he can run it. He’s brash and arrogant. He has experience in other businesses but his businesses have gone bankrupt more than once. He insults your secretary and your other employees. You’ve caught him in lies.
Would you hire him?
Lois

Another way to look at it is to think of hiring a CEO for your company. in comes Trump, without a moment's experience in your business, but he insists he can run it. He's brash and arrogant. He has experience in ither businesses but his businesses have gone bankrupt more than once. He insults your secretary and your other employees. You've caught him in lies. Would you hire him? Lois
Oh yeah. That reminds of my old restaurant management days where I had to hire and train. The first of sign of having made a bad mistake is trying to train a person and they spend more time telling you all they already know, while never hearing the training you're trying to give them. It also reminds me of my Grandpa, when we left Chicago for California and had what we all knew would be our last visit. He rambled on, but he made an impression on the 13 year old me, when he told me the most important thing I needed to learn if I wanted to be successful at future jobs was to SHUT UP AND LISTEN!! - for some reason I took it to heart, and I tell you that attitude of just shutting up and listening, even when I think I already knew it, (particularly then!), it's always amazing all the additional items one learns about. Not to mention the whole human relationship and goodwill thing that's created by listening and thinking about what one's been told.
Another way to look at it is to think of hiring a CEO for your company. in comes Trump, without a moment's experience in your business, but he insists he can run it. He's brash and arrogant. He has experience in ither businesses but his businesses have gone bankrupt more than once. He insults your secretary and your other employees. You've caught him in lies. Would you hire him? Lois
Oh yeah. That reminds of my old restaurant management days where I had to hire and train. The first of sign of having made a bad mistake is trying to train a person and they spend more time telling you all they already know, while never hearing the training you're trying to give them. It also reminds me of my Grandpa, when we left Chicago for California and had what we all knew would be our last visit. He rambled on, but he made an impression on the 13 year old me, when he told me the most important thing I needed to learn if I wanted to be successful at future jobs was to SHUT UP AND LISTEN!! - for some reason I took it to heart, and I tell you that attitude of just shutting up and listening, even when I think I already knew it, (particularly then!), it's always amazing all the additional items one learns about. Not to mention the whole human relationship and goodwill thing that's created by listening and thinking about what one's been told. You got excellent advice. Too bad Trump didn't get it. I suspect he was told to talk and never listen to anybody.

I agree that decency is a good word to use in this situation but another word worthy of consideration is stupid . If I believed in a god I would say “god help us” if any of these extremists ever had a finger anywhere close to punching the button to launch our nukes.