Considering Criminal Mischief and Vandalism of Intellectual Property

Here’s some food for thought.
Particularly for some of you righty ‘abuse the climate science’ contingent …
Why isn’t wanton lying about the facts and the substance of scientific studies not considered malicious vandalism and treated as Criminal Mischief.

Monday, February 29, 2016 http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2016/02/criminal-mischief-vandalism-intellect.html It seems to me that scientific studies based on millions of dollars worth of state of the art observational instruments and thousands of man/woman hours - is very much a form of real property. Intellectual property to use the specific legal term. This intellectual property exists within a well defined legal code and system. This legal code is the foundation of our civilization. One of the reasons our legal codes were established, and are obeyed, is because people needed protection of their personal property from unlawful misappropriation or destruction - a necessity for a society to peacefully function and flourish. It really is fundamental, without such communal guidelines and their acceptance by all members of society as the way to conduct our affairs, we'd degenerate into a Lord of the Flies dystopia. I bring this up, because one of the fundamental cornerstones of the Republican/libertarian orchestrated PR attacks on serious science is their conviction that lying about what scientific papers are saying is their fundamental free speech right. When in fact, it is nothing less than wanton vandalism of the intellectual property of legitimate experts. I've been told "Rights" aren't given, they are demanded and struggle for. When will we struggle for We The People's right to learn what scientists are saying without vandalism and the interference of the malicious poison of tactical lies and fabricated personal attacks? Towards that end I'd like to share some food for thought. A few typical legal codes that deal with Criminal Mischief and wanton vandalism. Followed by a few sage words of warning from President Eisenhower. Then a few links to further considerations including Lawrence Torcello's provocative essay at 'The Conversation' - "Is misinformation about the climate criminally negligent?" … ...

. ?