Clinton / Trump Presidency

What will either a Clinton or Trump Presidency consist of?

What will either a Clinton or Trump Presidency consist of?
A Clinton Presidency would likely be a slightly more hawkish continuation of the Obama Presidency. One would hope that under her leadership, current progressive gains would be consolidated AND that focused efforts toward correcting economic inequalities would take root and flourish. A Trump Presidency is, I think, completely unpredictable.

Hey Bishop, Hillary would definitely be giving you advice on how to run your country.
She definitely would want you along for more adventures…
Trump wouldn’t care if you stayed in the EU or not.
Trump is questioning the current day definition of NATO and it’s application.

Hmmmmm … you seem to have a choice of being shat on on pissed on. That’s what money does in a supposedly democratic process.

Would you call Trump the ultimate ‘Good Old Boy’? I do like that expression, the actual words are technically complementary but we all know what it really means in a USA context.

Would you call Trump the ultimate 'Good Old Boy'? I do like that expression, the actual words are technically complementary but we all know what it really means in a USA context.
I think he would fit in well with a bunch of good-ol'-boys until he said something that lead to one of the actual good-ol'-boys kicking his ass.
Would you call Trump the ultimate 'Good Old Boy'? I do like that expression, the actual words are technically complementary but we all know what it really means in a USA context.
You should probably obtain more knowledge about US politics before you go diving in head first. Maybe even just general knowledge. Trump is from NY, there aren't any Good ole Boys in NY. But if you are using the term loosely as " a connected establishment man", Trump couldn't be further from that. Hillary has raised hundreds of millions of Dollars from Wall St and Corporate interests. Trump is self-funding his campaign-largely with his own money. He also takes individual donations from voters like the rest of the candidates.

I had in mind the characature sort of ‘Good Ol’ Boy’ who decides that the government is not doing enough to keep the country (in his definition) pure. This is a person with a very simplistic view of life, having a list of categories of people who he does not like. Such people are those of the wrong race, religion, color, sexual orientation etc. This kind of person is from a small community in the south where, in his own mind, he can be a community leader. He tells his wife and family what to think on all important topics. This is of course a characature from the movies.
It is of course easy to imagine the ‘Good Ol’ Boy’ to be purely a deep south phenomenon. However, from this distance it seems that Trump’s simplistic political philosophy is
‘Good Ol’ Boy’ writ large.

I had in mind the characature sort of 'Good Ol' Boy' who decides that the government is not doing enough to keep the country (in his definition) pure. This is a person with a very simplistic view of life, having a list of categories of people who he does not like. Such people are those of the wrong race, religion, color, sexual orientation etc. This kind of person is from a small community in the south where, in his own mind, he can be a community leader. He tells his wife and family what to think on all important topics. This is of course a characature from the movies. It is of course easy to imagine the 'Good Ol' Boy' to be purely a deep south phenomenon. However, from this distance it seems that Trump's simplistic political philosophy is 'Good Ol' Boy' writ large.
I suspect that Trump is not quite that simplistic (else it is hard to fathom how he has been as successful as he has), but the persona that he presents, and what he says, and how he says what he says, probably appeals to such folk.
You should probably obtain more knowledge about US politics before you go diving in head first. Maybe even just general knowledge. Trump is from NY, there aren't any Good ole Boys in NY. But if you are using the term loosely as " a connected establishment man", Trump couldn't be further from that. Hillary has raised hundreds of millions of Dollars from Wall St and Corporate interests. Trump is self-funding his campaign-largely with his own money. He also takes individual donations from voters like the rest of the candidates. He may be self-funding, but I heard he can and probably will apply for US election funds to pay himself back. And what about the donations he receives? He is surely receiving millions in donations. I just know he has something up his sleeve. He is unlikely to actually spend his own money without a way to get it back by hook or by crook. Lois