BIRDs

A BIRD (black institutionalized-racism-denier) is a black person, who denies the existence of institutionalized racism in American society. I think that they must tend to be from among a small subset of black Americans who have succeeded in rising above the obstacles that generally face black Americans. However, I think that, by far, most black Americans who have risen above the typical obstacles, are not BIRDs. A BIRD goes the extra step to act as if, and/or speak as if, institutionalized racism is not something that actually exists in America. Hence a BIRD is rare breed, indeed. (I imagine that there could be poor black Americans who deny that institutionalized racism exists, but I would think that they would be even more rare.)
Ben Carson seems to be a BIRD. Can anyone think of others?

A BIRD (black institutionalized-racism-denier) is a black person, who denies the existence of institutionalized racism in American society. I think that they must tend to be from among a small subset of black Americans who have succeeded in rising above the obstacles that generally face black Americans. However, I think that, by far, most black Americans who have risen above the typical obstacles, are not BIRDs. A BIRD goes the extra step to act as if, and/or speak as if, institutionalized racism is not something that actually exists in America. Hence a BIRD is rare breed, indeed. (I imagine that there could be poor black Americans who deny that institutionalized racism exists, but I would think that they would be even more rare.) Ben Carson seems to be a BIRD. Can anyone think of others?
What they used to call Uncle Toms. Lois