Ban on saying Allah

Allahshmallah, I’d say.
LL

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/04/world/asia/in-malaysia-allah-is-reserved-for-muslims-only.html Allahshmallah, I'd say. LL
What a world we live in. Utter nonsense like that, and yet we have another group of humans able to put people on the moon and fly satellites out into the cosmos.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/04/world/asia/in-malaysia-allah-is-reserved-for-muslims-only.html Allahshmallah, I'd say. LL
What a world we live in. Utter nonsense like that, and yet we have another group of humans able to put people on the moon and fly satellites out into the cosmos. Yes, but we have to deal with both. Religion and believers will probably always be with us. We will just have to learn to live with them.

Maybe not. Lawrence Krauss says that religion could be gone in a single generation if we emphasize critical thinking in our children (and grandchildren). With this skill, that could be taught by parents and teachers in the classroom religion , like slavery and the current wrangling over gay marriage, religion could go the way of the dinosaur.

Cap’t Jack

Maybe not. Lawrence Krauss says that religion could be gone in a single generation if we emphasize critical thinking in our children (and grandchildren). With this skill, that could be taught by parents and teachers in the classroom religion , like slavery and the current wrangling over gay marriage, religion could go the way of the dinosaur. http://www.salon.com/2014/11/04/cosmologist_lawrence_krauss_religion_could_be_largely_gone_in_a_generation/ Cap't Jack
I doubt it. Aside from our kids kids finally seeing the human race as one big family (which religion fights against, oddly enough) through social media, etc., aside from that, huge gains need to be made in easing suffering. I could see everyone getting along so to speak, but if there's still suffering through disease, murder, crime, etc. then people will still look to the ultimate psychological salve, a supreme being who never talks back or says no.
I doubt it. Aside from our kids kids finally seeing the human race as one big family (which religion fights against, oddly enough) through social media, etc., aside from that, huge gains need to be made in easing suffering. I could see everyone getting along so to speak, but if there’s still suffering through disease, murder, crime, etc. then people will still look to the ultimate psychological salve, a supreme being who never talks back or says no.
Krauss may sound overly optimistic but he's correct, if this generation of children was raised to be skeptics, e.g. Earthquakes are the result of plate tectonics, not an avenging deity, volcanoes aren't portals into hell, disease is a result of rampant viruses who just want to replicate like every living thing on Earth, crime is a result of an abusive environment and brain anomalies, not demons or an evil god, there is no heaven to escape to when we finally make the planet uninhabitable and prayer is an empty gesture to a nonexistent sugar daddy then humanism will be the default philosophy and the human race can face natural and man made disasters with science based solutions. The alternative is, well you already know that. Cap't Jack