Any secular plans to celebrate Easter?

Happy upcoming Easter!
I am wondering if anyone has any secular suggestions to celebrate Easter with their kids? I’m definitely doing the Easter Egg hunt!

Easter traditions in Slovakia:

And the answer is no. I got tired of it more than 20 years ago. It required travelling all around the city, to meet with all the relatives, and spank females with a whip. And no, our Easter traditions are not inspired by some specific kinky book/movie.
Now we as a family prefer the non-travelling, non-whipping version which includes meeting with the family and having a dinner instead.:slight_smile:

Easter traditions in Slovakia: http://www.welcometobratislava.eu/traditional-easter-in-slovakia/ And the answer is no. I got tired of it more than 20 years ago. It required travelling all around the city, to meet with all the relatives, and spank females with a whip. And no, our Easter traditions are not inspired by some specific kinky book/movie. Now we as a family prefer the non-travelling, non-whipping version which includes meeting with the family and having a dinner instead.:)
Looks fun. My wife will have to experience that. "
Happy upcoming Easter! I am wondering if anyone has any secular suggestions to celebrate Easter with their kids? I'm definitely doing the Easter Egg hunt!
It seems like most common Easter traditions are secular.

The state of NC celebrated Easter Monday as a state holiday for 50 years. Why? A good question because St Legislators who are not know to do much work decide they wanted to go to the NC State-Wake Forest baseball game is always held the Monday after Thanksgiving. No joke, the state of NC really did this, banks, schools closed etc.

Well, I like hardboiled eggs, Easter or no Easter. But I hate chocolate bunnies, I prefer dark chocolate.

Happy upcoming Easter! I am wondering if anyone has any secular suggestions to celebrate Easter with their kids? I'm definitely doing the Easter Egg hunt!
It seems like most common Easter traditions are secular. I would be interested as to what you think a secular person is to make of the Easter resurrection claims in the New Testament. I have shared some of my ideas on the topic in a blog post here: http://palpatinesway.blogspot.com/2018/03/examining-easter-peering-behind-veil-of.html

I like Bart Ehrman. Has a good handle on past religion. There is one experience that happen in the area I live. We have a lot of Asian buddha farmers. And they believe in reincarnation. A neighbor, Vic, who was not Asian passed away from old age. He had buddha farmers living right next door to him on the next farm and the farm houses are real close. About three hundred feet apart. I guess when the body dies, the spirit stays for some time before it leaves. I was told, but can’t remember, I think it was something like ninety days. The Asian farmers kept calling me, they would see old man Vic walking around in his house looking out the windows. They wanted me to make sure he was ok. That there was not anything upsetting Vic’s spirit. At first, I thought they were pulling a joke. But they were serious. They would not even go back to their farm until I checked to make sure Vic was ok. Three times about a week apart. Now the Asians on this farm were younger and like to drink and party a lot. Like to go to Las Vegas and gamble too. But, when it comes to death, they got real religious.

Does arguing about whether or not we’ll have ham or turkey count? Or how about compromising and making both so everyone is happy and we throw away more food? And why don’t we have scalloped potatoes more often? Could it be because they taste terrible? Oh the mysteries of the universe.

It seems like most common Easter traditions are secular. I would be interested as to what you think a secular person is to make of the Easter resurrection claims in the New Testament. I have shared some of my ideas on the topic in a blog post here: http://palpatinesway.blogspot.com/2018/03/examining-easter-peering-behind-veil-of.htmlNonsense must be the biggest impression.
It seems like most common Easter traditions are secular. I would be interested as to what you think a secular person is to make of the Easter resurrection claims in the New Testament. I have shared some of my ideas on the topic in a blog post here: http://palpatinesway.blogspot.com/2018/03/examining-easter-peering-behind-veil-of.html I don't care enough about what people thought at that time to look into it with that much detail. I'm satisfied that Ehrmann and Carrier and others like them have shown that the myths grew out of other myths and they were an attempt to circumvent the myths that were being used to suppress them. But there is just no getting around that they believed you could sacrifice something and get something for it. They were ready to take the ultimate step and sacrifice a god, or son of god or whatever and that would take the power of the kings and priests away. That myth then got turned into other myths and the kings managed to get the power back, big surprise. There is no secular interpretation for that. I do however like to thank Jesus (Hey-zus) for picking the vegetables at a very low wage so we may enjoy the bountiful feast.
I would be interested as to what you think a secular person is to make of the Easter resurrection claims in the New Testament. I have shared some of my ideas on the topic in a blog post here: http://palpatinesway.blogspot.com/2018/03/examining-easter-peering-behind-veil-of.html
You can celebrate end of winter, start of the spring - spring equinox (not sure if its correct english term) and remain perfectly secular about that. And if its not a good reason to celebrate, there is enough people who believe that every friday is worth of a celebration.

Do a couple fried eggs count?

Apparently discussing gastrointestinal details is an Easter tradition with my wife’s family.

I played a nice Easter service in a brass quintet at a Lutheran church.

I played a nice Easter service in a brass quintet at a Lutheran church.
What music did you play?

Standard stuff. Jesus Christ Has Risen I remember.