An Essay Concerning Our Earth's Fever (2017)

Some curious things about Svensmark et al. reference list Posted on 25 December 2017 by Ari Jokimäki https://skepticalscience.com/analysis_of_svensmark_reference_list.html The hypothesis of significant effect of cosmic-rays to climate has been shown wrong many times. This is a pet hypothesis of Henrik Svensmark, who continues to push papers on the subject to scientific journals. A few days ago, the journal Nature Communications published a paper of Svensmark (& co-workers). I checked out its reference list because I think that some indicators of the quality of a paper can be found simply by checking the reference list, and how references are used. S17 reference list - first impressions ... The Kulmala et al. paper I mention there is this one: "Atmospheric data over a solar cycle: no connection between galactic cosmic rays and new particle formation". It shows results against Svensmark's hypothesis, but it is not cited by S17. The mentioned paper list in my tweets is this one from my blog AGW Observer: "Papers on the non-significant role of cosmic rays in climate". ... Svensmark et al. paper was also discussed in …and Then There's Physics. In the comments there, one commenter ("dikranmarsupial") noted an issue that relates to the reference list issues I'm discussing here: It is hard to see how this made it through peer review when it cites early work on the CLOUD project, but not it’s negative (for the argument of the paper) outcome. Surely reviewers competent to review the paper would be aware that the CLOUD project doesn’t support Svensmark’s hypothesis?
I cannot believe you are still trying to convince Mike Yohe. This is a lost cause, that is why I have given up on this forum. There is nothing to learn here at all. Any knowledge you might obtain will be subjective or tainted with partiality. Center for Inquiry is a complete failure.
Crazy shit dude. Take a look at my posts, both their wording and the items I share. It is substantive, I provide the links so you can check it out yourself. My writing style, quality not up to snuff? Make some suggestions! What the f do you want WaylonCash and DougC, and other whiners, leave you alone so you an get back to the ball game or bitching at how idiotic others are??? What are you offering??? What do you suggest WaylonCash? What is so difficult about recognizing that there is value is calmly demonstrating that all these climate science contrarian arguments are failed, and I can explain where and why, while describing what's actually going on within our climate system. Not 100%, for sure, I make plenty errors, but they are easily found, acknowledged and learned from. That's why I always offer sources for my understanding. For gosh sake Doug and Waylon, can't you simply take advantage of the resource and learn some serious shit that's worth knowing, from what I provide. After all if you guys still can't figure it out, I write as much for on lookers, and to develop my own 'voice' and skill, as i do for MikeYohe. Mike has shared his best with me, and I for one appreciate the opportunity he's provided me for working through a few things. Most contrarians are drive-by intellectual cowards, at least he's got the brass balls to stand his ground, even if it's more like them bound back clown punching bags. Still I've learned a lot from him. Tell me Waylon or Doug, what have you guys learned, or done, or tried doing lately? If I'm doing it all wrong, why not offer some suggestions beyond fold up and go away?
I cannot believe you are still trying to convince Mike Yohe. This is a lost cause, that is why I have given up on this forum. There is nothing to learn here at all. Any knowledge you might obtain will be subjective or tainted with partiality. Center for Inquiry is a complete failure.
Crazy shit dude. Take a look at my posts, both their wording and the items I share. It is substantive, I provide the links so you can check it out yourself. My writing style, quality not up to snuff? Make some suggestions! What the f do you want WaylonCash and DougC, and other whiners, leave you alone so you an get back to the ball game or bitching at how idiotic others are??? What are you offering??? What do you suggest WaylonCash? What is so difficult about recognizing that there is value is calmly demonstrating that all these climate science contrarian arguments are failed, and I can explain where and why, while describing what's actually going on within our climate system. Not 100%, for sure, I make plenty errors, but they are easily found, acknowledged and learned from. That's why I always offer sources for my understanding. For gosh sake Doug and Waylon, can't you simply take advantage of the resource and learn some serious shit that's worth knowing, from what I provide. After all if you guys still can't figure it out, I write as much for on lookers, and to develop my own 'voice' and skill, as i do for MikeYohe. Mike has shared his best with me, and I for one appreciate the opportunity he's provided me for working through a few things. Most contrarians are drive-by intellectual cowards, at least he's got the brass balls to stand his ground, even if it's more like them bound back clown punching bags. Still I've learned a lot from him. Tell me Waylon or Doug, what have you guys learned, or done, or tried doing lately? If I'm doing it all wrong, why not offer some suggestions beyond fold up and go away? I did not intend to be offensive or insult you. Your work is accurate and intelligent, but because you hold a position so fervently, your contributions will not be accepted as objective or impartial. The resources you provide, while substantial, are readily available to the public. Furthermore, the majority of traffic on this site are patrons of the same ideology. "Preaching to the choir" as it were. Although, we share the same values, the majority of posters will lunge for your throat if you disagree with them or present an idea that challenges their perspective. Personally, when I weigh the risk/rewards for attempting to introduce new ideas or even participating in discussion here, being attacked by my own people outweighs what little reward there is in generally being ignored. Because even if you do manage to avoid attack, people are so self-important they will likely not even attempt to read your post. I do not mean to discourage you; you should not listen to my pessimism. I generally lead a positive and proactive life, but this forum has been a real disappointment for me. I have met many "Mike Yohe"s; the reason that they "stand their ground" is because they lack the intellectual capacity to change their mind or see past their own ego and self-importance. To address your final question, I am a civil engineering student; I got this far because I set high expectations for myself and I love learning. I apologize for any pretentious language, but I am working my butt off as a full-time student, a father to three boys, a husband, and I maintain a full time job.
To address your final question, I am a civil engineering student; I got this far because I set high expectations for myself and I love learning. I apologize for any pretentious language, but I am working my butt off as a full-time student, a father to three boys, a husband, and I maintain a full time job.
Fair enough to all that. But, when everyone shuts down, where does that leave us?